About Jasper Verhoog
Jasper Verhoog is a partner and lawyer at AKD, and is admitted to the bar in the Netherlands and Luxembourg (Avocat à la Cour, Liste I). He specialises in financial supervision and securities law, and advises domestic and foreign companies on financial supervision and compliance from a Luxembourg and Dutch law perspective.
Jasper’s clients include companies and financial institutions, operating globally and nationally. These clients appreciate his pragmatic, ‘getting things done’ approach and his capacity to make clients feel at ease. According to the Legal500, EMEA Jasper is also a ‘recommended lawyer in the field of banking & finance’. IFLR refers to Jasper as ‘highly regarded’.
Jasper assists various parties with the establishment of investment funds, including the drafting of required fund documentation. Furthermore, Jasper advises various financial institutions and service providers on compliance with financial supervision law, including the drafting of required documents and discussions with regulators. In addition, he provides various institutions with guidance on the issue of securities and advises on, among other things, compliance with financial supervision law and the drafting of the required documents concerning the issue of securities.
As an example of the services Jasper provides on a daily basis, for instance he assists:
- various payment service providers in connection with the application for licenses or passporting procedures, compliance related matters (i.e. assisting with the preparation of policies and processes), outsourcing related questions, commercial contracts from the perspective of applicable laws and regulations, and he provides assistance during discussions with regulators;
- various globally active IT companies in connection with their transition to financially regulated institutions. This assistance includes for instance a joint assessment with clients on whether specific activities constitute regulated activities, and how to structure services and products in line with applicable financial supervision laws, as well as discussions with regulators and obtaining licenses if required;
- various banks concerning license related questions and passporting procedures, application of CRR, general compliance, AML/KYC, outsourcing, etc.;
- a globally operating, NYSE-listed fashion and clothing group on its corporate law structure, financing and financial supervision law. He provides the same kind of advice to a globally operating food and beverages group (listed on the Tel Aviv stock exchange);
- a globally operating, NYSE-listed group in the computer hardware and software business on financial supervision and compliance;
- several healthcare institutions on the issue of convertible bonds; and
- various investment funds regarding registration with the regulators, obtaining EuVECA labels, compliance, AML/KYC, etc.